March 04, 2015

Maybelline Poreless + Matte Fit Me Foundation Review

If you've read any of my makeup posts on my blog you'd get that I am a bit of a makeup snob. I love high end makeup and to be honest, don't really trust a lot of drugstore makeup other than mascara. I fear that, especially foundations are going to make me break out and turn me orange.

That being said I've had my eye on the Maybelline Fit Me foundation for a very long time. So, when my local drugstore was having a sale on the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation I gave in and bought it.



Let me just say I was pleasantly surprised!  It wasn't the best foundation in the world but it was one of the better ones I've tried



Packaging
 

Product Info

Brand: Maybelline
Name: Fit Me! Matte + Poreless
SPF: --
Amount: 30mL/1 oz
Price: $6 USD
Colour

I used colour 125 Nude Beige which to be honest was a little bit dark for me. I LOVE HOW YELLOW TONED IT IS! It's really rare to find a drugstore foundation that isn't super pink! 

The shades I normally wear:
MAC NC 120
Buxom Weightless - Dim The Light
Stila Light 
Dior 20
Chanel 30


as you can see blended out its a little bit dark for me. I apologize about the line on my wrist! I was wearing a hair tie on my wrist earlier! 

Coverage


 With no foundation, I am breaking out really badly right now because of stress ): I took these photos in natural light so I had to darken this photo just a little bit

 
 
With proper lighting and foundation! This photo is with only the foundation on


As you can see there is almost complete coverage. This comparison is with only one coat of foundation applied with the Sigma Flat Top brush. All of my discolouration and pimples are completely covered and my pores are almost invisible. 

Overall

On the skin it feels quite light even though the coverage is heavy. I don't recommend this for anyone with dry skin! I have normal to dry skin and can only use this foundation with a beauty oil applied first. If you have normal to oily skin this will probably be a dreamy foundation for you! If you're very oily you might want to pass on this as well.

Considering how cheap it was I really suggest this for anyone who has a normalish skin and looking for a nice foundation with a cheap price tag.

I am grateful that there are cheaper foundations suited for yellow toned people.
Rank 7/10


Makeup

I know its been a while since I posted any makeup shots so I also took some pictures of my makeup today.







I hope you like my look and review! If you have anything you want me to check out comment below! If you've tried this foundation and liked it or hated it let me know that as well 

If you don't want to wait another week for an update on my life check out my YouTube Channel ill be posting on there next week!

UPDATE: I TRIED 120 AND IT WAS MY PERFECT SHADE! 
 
XX
-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment